What would you do if you see a cat on the street? Would you:
- Call animal control, agencies with a history of mass slaughter, as HSUS has historically recommended?
- Round him up and kill him, as PETA would do?
- If you live in NYC, take him to the ASPCA, give them a donation, and then let them pocket the money before they take the cat to the abusive New York City pound to be killed?
- Take him to the pound yourself, where AHA has taught staff how to restrain and inject him with poison?
- Give him lots and lots of love?
Of course, if he is truly homeless/in need, you open the door and let him in or find him a home. But if he is just hanging out, the answer is number 5.
Meet Louie. A little cat who crossed our path on a walk.
Leave no chin unscratched. Leave no head unpatted. Leave no belly unrubbed.