- The animal shelter in Anson County, NC, went from a 96% kill rate to just 4%.
- Kentucky is the only state that prohibits veterinarians from reporting suspected abuse; that will change if a new bill becomes law.
- Legislation in Maryland would make it illegal to kill animals if rescue groups, other shelters, or foster homes are available.
- Despite (false) promises that new reforms would end the era of horses dying at the track, another horse has been killed at Santa Anita in California, bringing the death toll in the last year to at least 38.
- Australia began killing 10,000 camels this week for being thirsty.
- Following the success of its plant-based whopper, Burger King announced it is now rolling out a plant-based “pork” croissan’wich.
- Governor Gavin Newsom called for an end to shelter killing in California.
And finally, New Hampshire considers first-in-the-nation legislation to ban housing discrimination against families that include dogs, cats, and other animal companions.
Have a comment? Join the discussion by clicking here.